Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!
I cant believe its 2017 (and soon to be February) ... how did that happen? 

These Parsley Flowers are my New Years icon. They are a representation of my summer garden. I know it's the turning of summer when the parsley flowers. They then symbolise the changing seasons in my life, as I stop and start reflecting on the new year. I have much to reflect on... health, study, career, relationships & learning better to live in the now....

I have wondered alot about how much I want to put here in my blog space about my big year ahead, but I came to the conclusion it's a pretty big thing, and I think it may affect my blog alot. So...

After a 12-18 month journey through lots of pain, and a myriad of therapuetic options, I'm now 3 weeks away from a hip replacement.. and I simply can't wait. So I apologize in advance for some absences...

After recovering from that, I have plans to return to study & so much more....

Very soon I'll be posting my reviews for the Japanese Literature Challenge- 3 book reviews to add and some podcasts. I will also post my review of january's summer activities, cos I really had a great time, despite managing pain.

I leave you with this image of the hopping mouse figurine from my girlfiends backyard... it reminds me to be cheeky!






5 comments:

Lisbeth said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful flower! I am sorry to hear about your pains. Hopefully the operation will cure it, and you will be up and about soon!

Mae Travels said...

Sorry to hear that you have been suffering. Good luck with the surgery!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

First of all, I send you warm wishes for a speedy recovery from your hip surgery. I'm sure it has been so long awaited that it will feel like a miracle when it finally happens. Your parsley flower is lovely and I can see why that's a marvelous representative of the seasonal change. I'll look forward to a post from you when every you are able to share.

Tamara said...

Thankyou for your lovely words ladies. It's really touching that blogging friends from around the world care like you do.

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

That's a big new chapter to start the year with Tamara. Here's to a lovely new hip, and wonderful new adventures to be had in 2017.