Saturday, June 8, 2013

Welcome to Paris in July 2013!



Welcome to the start of the Paris in July blogging event. Karen from BookBath and I are once again looking forward to co-hosting Paris in July, a month purely dedicated to reading, watching, eating, listening to and enjoying all things French. Karen said that ‘although things have been a little quiet around BookBath of late there is one event that is sure to bring me out of blogging exile’. Paris is always good to entice someone out of exile – and for us in the Southern Hemisphere, it gives us a chance to enjoy a virtual summer.

This will be the fourth year that Paris in July has been running and Karen and I are excited to be once again embarking on our virtual trip to Paris with you all.
The event will run from the 1st – 31st July and as always there will be no rules or targets in terms of how much you need to do or complete in order to be a part - just blog about anything French and you can join in. Some ideas for the month might include:
- Reading a French book - fiction or non-fiction
- Watching a French movie
- Listening to French music
- Cooking French food
- Experiencing French art, architecture or travel (or remembering travel experiences)
- Or anything else French inspired you can think of...

Karen and I will be writing weekly wrap up posts throughout the month as well as contributing our own Paris inspired musings. As in past years there will be French themed prizes to be given out to some lucky participants too.

Something New! We are also be looking to add another element to Paris in July this year by including special guest posts on our own blogs – if anyone is interested in being an official “Paris in July Guest Blogger” please leave a comment with your blog/contact details on this post and give us some indication of what you might like to write about in your post.

Stay tuned for more details and Paris in July 2013 buttons to pop onto your blogs.
Hoping that you will be joining us in Paris this year!

To join, just leave a comment and link to your blog here or on Karens blog, and we'l collate a blogroll.
 

19 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'm in again... can't wait!

skiourophile said...

Me too! *rushes off to scan the shelves*

Jeanie said...

Very excited to participate again! And, would also be interested in guest blogging if you like. You should have my email in my comment notification!

Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I've seen posts from past years and would love to join in this year!

Too Fond said...

So glad to be participating in this again. And I'd love to be a guest blogger, though I'm not sure exactly what I would blog about yet. I can write on anything about living in France, French culture, etc.

Ju Haghverdian said...

Count me in!

Karen K. said...

I'm in!! Still have tons of Zola to read, plus what is not to love about French food? Maybe this will finally inspire me to try and bake my own macarons instead of spending $2 a pop at the fancy bakeries.

Ciara_H said...

Great idea for a blogging topic! I would love to participate!

Nan said...

I'm in! I so enjoyed it last year.
http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2013/06/paris-in-july.html

sprite said...

I watched this challenge from afar last year, but I think I'll dive in this year. I'm thinking books, movies, Tour de France watching, and macarons are in order.

Christy (A Good Stopping Point) said...

I would like to join - it's been a while since I joined a book blogger joint endeavor. :)

Ally said...

I love France and Paris, so I am in for the 3rd year :)

Samantha said...

Count me in. I found out about it last year when it was almost over and would love to participate this year!

Anonymous said...

I am going to give this a try.

Teddyree said...

My first time participating, I only saw this yesterday and did my post up for today ... can't wait for all the fun :)

Teddyree The Eclectic Reader (Sheree)
http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

Just joined, thanks for doing this!
If that sounds interesting to you, I could do a guest-post on my newest French adventure: a virtual book tour company for books connected with France! [http://francebooktours.com] - one of the participants of 'Paris in July 2013' is one the author featured there, in fact her book tour is this week! - Patricia Sands].
my own book blog is http://wordsandpeace.com
Emma
ehc16e at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I didn't put a link to my blog. Sorry about that. I'm Gippsland Granny
www.Suth2.wordpress.com

Caroline said...

Hi, will be reviewing Good Morning Midnight by Jean Rhys on 23rd July. Set in Paris in late 1930s, written by someone who had lived in Paris in the 20s and 30s, a classic.

Anonymous said...

I don't seem to appear on the blog roll of Thyme for tea.
www.Suth2.wordpress.com