Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas Friends!

 Christmas morning is one of my favourite times in all the year for so many reasons. It's when we celebrate Christs birth, and for me that means time to reflect on my relationship with Christ and his purposes. It's also a time when my garden is singing. While the photo above is not one of mine, it is exactly an image I get when I look out my bedroom window on Christmas morning. I love to hear the parrots sing, and to take in the vibrant array of colours and aroma of flowering gums.

I want to take this opportunity to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas season, may you and your families be safe, healthy and happy. Where support is needed for any reason, my you be surrounded by your loved ones, the angels in your life, and know that we are community where ever we are.

My partner and I celebrated Christmas lunch with our community - some close friends. Both of our families are some distance away, and Christmas is one of those times friends and community are pretty special We celebrated with prawns, BBQ chicken, and a range of delicious salads, including a greek salad, Poh's Green Papaya and peach salad, a fennel and red onion salad, and a tomato and avocado salad. All of this was enjoyed with a sparkling burgundy and a St Hugo Shiraz, and followed by gluten free Christmas Pudding and custard. Yum.



1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Dear Tamara, Belated Merry Christmas greetings and Happy Boxing Day! I think here in the US where Boxing Day isn't celebrated, it is certainly a day of "boxing" -- shoving, pushing, getting irritated in lines at stores as people shop for half-off things and return items! Me, I'm at work. I may check out things this evening. Or not.

I love your Christmas dinner -- it looks beautiful and sounds delicious!

Happy New Year -- how nice to have it warm for Christmas! I'd like that!