Monday, October 1, 2012

September Bliss

I'm back and I'm in a state of bliss. I've just had a wonderful couple of weeks in the middle of the India Ocean visiting Christmas Island and the Cocos Keeling Islands.
Christmas Island is a larger more active island - where fishing, bush walking and kyaking where everyday activities for me, and Cocos Keeling was a place for me to stop, watch the hermit crabs and read.
Snorkeling admidst the beautiful coral underworld, and then feeding the sharks, reminded me about my place in the world. Sometimes you can loose track of just how big or small we are in the scheme of things.

So, after much relaxing, unwinding and reflection, I've come home with a refreshed commitment to a quote that's on my fridge:
'Life shrinks and expands in proportion to ones courage' Anaias Ninn
and as one friend reminds me: 
Carpe Diem and YOLO!
(you only live once)
 


3 comments:

Lorraine S. said...

Welcome home. Missed your blog, especially after the Paris in July Wrap-Up.

Paulita said...

What a heavenly vacation. I can only imagine, but I wanted to tell you, going back to the Paris in July meme, that my book The Summer of France is now available for purchase Here on Kindle or
Here on Nook or
Here in Paperback

Karen said...

Looks and sounds divine T!