Monday, September 19, 2011

Lemon Tart

My partner doesn't like lemons. In fact every year he threatens to remove the lemon tree. However the lemon tree persists, and produces the most delicious lemons. Usually I just cut up the lemons and freeze them for cooking with later, or for adding to a jug of iced water on a hot summers day. But I do like to cook with them also.

This past weekend I tried a new combination of recipes to make this Gluten Free Lemon Tart.

For the crust, I followed a recipe by Jules that had very few ingredients and an easy to follow pdf guide and youtube. Normally pie crusts scare me, and trying to find a gluten free option is even harder. But this one seemed relatively easy to make, and while I haven't cut it yet, it looks like it's worked out well. I would say though, that I think I used too much butter, and next time I will use the scales..

For the Lemon filling, I referred to my all favourite cookbook by Stephanie Alexander, the Cooks Companion. (just found it online here, but I prefer to cook from the gorgeous book itself). Now I have tried the filling and it's to die for..... cant stop with one taste test!!

Nice served with cold cream.

2 comments:

Karen said...

This looks soooo divine T!

Jeanie said...

Oh, Yum! I simply adore lemon and lemon tart is the best. I've never had the gluten issues, but I have friends that do -- this would be a great thing to make for our next occasion! Thanks!