Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Fillins #197


Australian Blue Tongue Lizard because he has a blue tongue



1. While the cat's away the blue tongue lizards (native harmless and gentil lizards) and the native birds are happy playing in our yard!
2. Blue tongue lizards are Australia's best organic controllers (eating snails and slugs) - fabuloso!
3. Children are also good pest controllers - picking up interesting bugs and squashing them.
4. I love to see my dog's face when I get home from work or shopping or what have you.
5. This may seem odd, but I don't celebrate Halloween, in fact I go to the movies to avoid it. (sorry to those who do, but it's just not very Australian).
6. It is Australian to celebrate summer (and spring) evenings with a glass of wine/beer out on the back verandah while the BBQ is cooking dinner....and that seems like a fine idea to me! (like tonight)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to BBQ on the verandah at sunset, tomorrow my plans include hair dresser and reading Madam Bovary, and Sunday, I want to rest and cook.

For more Friday Fillins visit here.

2 comments:

Chat Noir said...

I'll bring the wine... what's cooking?

Karen said...

I had to get Dave to scroll down for me because I can't look at the lizard!!!!!