Sunday, June 13, 2010

Japanese Literature Challenge 4


Well, it's here again - and I'm signed up. This is the Japanese Literature Challenge being hosted by Dolce Belezza. I think this is the third time I've joined in - and its my favourite challenge of all time (barring of course, Paris in July).

Dolce Bellezza says 'Won't you join in the experience? Simply read one or more works of Japanese literature between June 1, 2010 and January 30, 2011'. How simple is that?

So this year, my list will grow and change as the reviews start coming in, but here are some currently on my list:
Japanese literature has really been a eye opener for me in the reading world, so I'm looking forward to a few new challenges this year. So I'm also hoping to read something from Banana Yoshimoto or some other female authors. This is going to be a pleasure! Hope you're in this too.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Great choices! Hope you get a chance to try Banana Yoshimoto, too.

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog and it looks great! The thing that pulled me in, was your avatar - a picture of an Indian temple :) So beautiful, isn't it? Was it taken during one of your travels? Where is this temple?

The Japanese Literature Challenge sounds wonderful! Murakami is such a wonderful writer! One of my friends recommended his 'Dance, Dance, Dance' which you are planning to read. Hope you enjoy reading it! I have heard so many wonderful things about Banana Yoshimoto too. Looking forward to exploring her works soon. Have you read Yoko Ogawa's 'The Housekeeper and the Professor'? It is wonderful too.

Karen said...

I might have to join in this challenge this year - I didn't know you only had to read one book to be able to join in. Hopefully I can do that!